What is Seresto?
Seresto is an effective, reliable alternative to monthly flea and tick topicals. This dual-action collar repels and kills fleas & ticks for 8 consecutive months. If a flea or tick is repelled, it cannot attach and transmit disease-causing organisms. Seresto is a flea and tick collar for dogs and cats that uses exciting, innovative technology to release the active ingredients in controlled doses over an extended period of time. This means effective long-term flea and tick control without the inconvenience of monthly applications. Seresto protects your pet from fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks, as well as sarcoptic mange on dogs without odor or mess. It is available in three formulations for Small Dogs up to 18 lbs, Large Dogs over 18 lbs, and Cats of all weights.
Dogs (7 weeks of age or older), Cats (10 weeks of age or older)
- Begins working immediately after the collar is applied
- Repels and kills fleas & ticks for 8 months, helping to prevent attachment and subsequent transmission of disease-causing organisms.
- Kills fleas before they can lay eggs
- Prevents tick infestations within 48 hours after application
- Aids in the control of sarcoptic mange on dogs
- Water-resistant and will continue to work even if wet or dirty
- Odor-free compared to older-generation flea and tick collars
- Non-greasy, odorless, convenient.
- Safety release mechanism prevents strangulation if the collar becomes caught or tangled
- Safe if chewed on by your dog or cat
- Light reflectors for added visibility in the evening and at night
- Available for Small Dogs weighing up to 18 lbs, Large Dogs weighing 18 lbs and over, and Cats of all weights
How does Seresto work?
The flea and tick collar releases the two active ingredients in low doses over an extended period of time. The ingredients are then absorbed through the fatty layer of your pet’s skin and distributed throughout your pet’s body to protect against fleas and ticks for eight months. Seresto can be worn alongside your pet’s regular collar. No matter if you have a cat or a dog, the collars come with a ratchet release mechanism that releases when your pet is under pressure, which enables your pet to free himself or herself. It also has a pre-determined breaking point if your pet’s head and neck get trapped, which allows your pet’s strength to break the collar and get out of a dangerous situation.